- To place students in accommodation according to their requirements (private bathroom, student residence, hotel, smokers, allergies, vegetarians, proximity to friends in the group etc)
- To maintain and create excellent working relationships with homestay hosts and other accommodation providers
- To maintain the Database, on which all host family-related information is stored.
- To process applications from potential new host families and to visit them in their homes and assess their suitability.
- To prepare and send out all documentation relating to host family placements including payments
- To meet groups on arrival and manage group departures
- To liaise with Group Leaders and course participants over issues relating to accommodation and welfare.
- To check that students are happy with their host by informal discussion and to move students to a new homestay situation if this becomes necessary.
- To talk to students about their accommodation if necessary.
- To manage any problems which may arise during the stay and to be on call with the Emergency phone (extra money for this mission)
- To provide support in other areas of work as required and to cover other roles in case of staff absence/holiday
- To undertake other tasks as requested by the School Director, office Manager.
Our ideal candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience of working with people from different cultures and different countries
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent time management
- Experience in facilities management, property management or hospitality sectors
- Experience in producing monthly KPI reports
- We ideally looking for someone who can start soon and stay with us for 6 months
- 35 hours per week
- Erasmus+ funding ideally
Benefits for our interns
- Our office is centrally located in Edinburgh with a dynamic atmosphere that creates a unique working environment. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work.
- Bus pass paid
- Access to our language courses for free (evening)
- Free tea and coffee
Is the opportunity for you? Then please send your CV together with a cover letter to:
Loïc Montreuil – Marketing Communications Manager email@example.com